The system had even fewer games played tonight than anticipated. Triple-A had its All-Star Game, Springfield had a day off, and Johnson City was postponed because of rain. The standout performance of the day belonged to Kyle Barraclough who missed quite a few bats. Details after the jump…
Triple-A All-Star Game: PCL All-Stars 3, INT All-Stars 0
- Brandon Dickson walked 1 batter and recorded 1 out on a fly ball.
Springfield: No game.
- Mike O’Neill was 1-for-4; he struck out for the 2nd time in 10 games.
- James Ramsey lifted his average above .300 by going 2-for-4 with a triple.
- Alan Ahmady was 2-for-4 with a double.
- Chris Edmonson was 2-for-4.
- Chris Corrigan allowed 4 runs on 4 hits, 2 walks, and 3 strikeouts in 5 innings.
- Bradley Watson gave up a run in his inning.
- Despite 3 strikeouts in 1.1 innings, Zach Russell 2 runs on 3 hits and 3 walks.
- Iden Nazario was the only pitcher who avoided damage; he induced a double-play to record 2 outs.
- Quad Cities failed to draw even one free pass tonight.
- Anthony Garcia was 2-for-4 with his 12th HR of the season.
- David Medina was 3-for-4 with a double.
- Roberto De La Cruz also doubled.
- Matt Williams was 2-for-5.
- Luis Mateo, Neal Pritchard, Nick Martini, Stephen Piscotty, Juan Castillo, and Roberto Reyes all singled.
- Sam Gaviglio was rocked for 6 runs. In just 3.1 innings, he allowed 6 hits, walked 6 batters, and only struck out 2.
- Jonathan Cornelius didn’t fare much better, allowing 2 runs in 1.2 innings that featured 4 hits and 1 walk.
- Danny Miranda and Ricky Martinez stopped the bleeding; they combined for 3 scoreless frames.
- Alex Mejia was 2-for-5; he committed his first error (fielding) of the season.
- Breyvic Valera was 2-for-4.
- David Washington hit his 2nd home run.
- Steven Ramos tripled.
- Jesus Montero singled and walked.
- Jacob Wilson singled.
- Matthew Young walked twice. He stole his first bag of the season but was also caught stealing once (for 2nd time this year).
- Kyle Barraclough was fantastic. He struck out 6 in 4 innings and only allowed 2 hits.
- Corey Baker allowed 2 runs on 3 hits in 1 inning.
- Yunier Castillo pitched 2 perfect innings that included 1 strikeout.
- Brandon Creath allowed a hit and walk in 1.2 innings but avoided runs and struck out 2.
- Joseph Scanio recorded one out.
Johnson City: Postponed
Tonight’s game in Bristol has been postponed due to the rain. They will play a double header tomorrow, starting at 6:00 pm
— J.C. Cardinals(@JC_Cardinals) July 11, 2012