It was a feel-good day as the system went 4-and-1, but Johnson City was rained out again. Quad Cities put the hurt on Lansing. Technically, Matt Williams didn’t hit for the cycle… because he was better than that. Springfield’s usual suspects provided ample offense while Trevor Rosenthal returned from the DL (back spasms) in successful fashion. Both Springfield and Memphis recorded shut-outs. Details after the jump…
Memphis 3, Round Rock 0
- Pete Kozma homered (7th) and walked.
- Ryan Jackson and Eugenio Velez singled and walked.
- Mark Hamilton walked twice.
- Adron Chambers and Steven Hill singled.
- John Gast struck out 6 in 5 scoreless innings that included 7 hits and 1 walk.
- A parade of five relievers (Nick Greenwood, Chuckie Fick, Sam Freeman, Adam Reifer, and Eduardo Sanchez) handled the final 4 innings to secure the shut-out.
- Kolten Wong was 2-for-5 with a double.
- Oscar Taveras was 4-for-5 with a HR (18th).
- Chris Swauger was 3-for-4 with a HR (10th).
- Jamie Romak was 3-for-5.
- Jermaine Curtis was 1-for-2 with a walk.
- Greg Garcia was 1-for-3 with a walk and SB (5th).
- Travis Tartamella singled.
- Xavier Scruggs walked.
- Trevor Rosenthal had a scoreless outing that included only 4 hits and 1 walk in 6 innings. He struck out 4.
- Jorge Rondon, Justin Wright, and Michael Blazek contributed a scoreless inning a piece.
- Mike O’Neill tripled and walked.
- Starlin Rodriguez doubled and stole his 14th base.
- James Ramsey and Ronny Gil doubled.
- Geoffrey Klein singled.
- Alan Ahmady walked 3 times while Jeremy Patton walked once.
- Kevin Siegrist lasted 7 respectable innings. He allowed 4 runs (3 earned) on 6 hits, 1 walk, and 3 strikeouts.
- Aidan Lucas struck out 2 in an inning.
- Dean Kiekhefer worked a perfect 9th.
- Matt Williams was 4-for-5 with 2 doubles, 1 triple, and 1 HR (4th).
- Stephen Piscotty was 3-for-5.
- Anthony Garcia was 2-for-5 with a HR (13th).
- David Medina had a HR (7th) and walk.
- Roberto De La Cruz homered (5th).
- Nick Martini and Juan Castillo singled.
- Roberto Reyes singled and walked.
- Luis Mateo walked and stole his 16th base.
- Hector Hernandez pitched 6 strong innings. Only 2 runs scored on 5 hits and 4 strikeouts.
- Robert Stock allowed an unearned run in an inning. He walked 2 and struck out 1.
- Travis Miller allowed a hit.
- David Bergin was 2-for-4 with a double and HR (2nd).
- Anthony Melchionda was 2-for-3 with a double and a walk.
- Breyvic Valera, Jesus Montero, and Steven Ramos singled.
- Patrick Wisdom walked.
- Kyle Helisek allowed 4 runs on 6 hits in 4 innings; he struck out 3.
- Tim Cooney only allowed 1 run on 2 hits, 1 walk, and 2 strikeouts in 3 innings.
- Kevin Jacob struck out 2 and walked 1 in his inning.
Johnson City: Double-header postponed
Looks like the games are rained out again tonight. Doubleheader pushed to tomorrow night.
— J.C. Cardinals(@JC_Cardinals) July 12, 2012