On the day Trevor Rosenthal gets a surprise call to the majors, Springfield has no trouble hitting Yordano Ventura, Quad Cities squanders an early lead and it only takes Batavia six innings to score 13 runs as the system goes 2-2.
Memphis was postponed.
- Greg Garcia was 2-5. Garcia is quietly putting together a good year at the plate, light on power but with a startling 16.1 BB%. He doesn’t have shortstop quality range but he has a strong feel for middle infield and he won’t embarrass you there if you try him in a utility role.
- Jamie Romak was 2-5 with a double.
- Xavier Scruggs was 2-4 with a double.
- Audry Perez had a single and somehow managed two walks two walks, thereby almost doubling his walk total on the season.
- Chris Swauger also had a single and a pair of walks.
- Adam Melker hit a double and a home run.
- Oscar Taveras had only one hit. Bust.
- Seth Maness was quite good in 5.2 IP, for the most part. He gave up a couple home runs and a double but had a 7-1 K to BB and 6-2 GO-FO.
- Keith Butler, who has been rock solid this season, picked up the save.
- Mike O’Neill was 1-2 with a couple walks.
- Ronny Gil had the only extra base hit of the game for PB with a double. He also committed his 28th error.
- Geoffrey Klein had a single and a walk.
- Scott Schneider struggled in 4.0 IP, giving up 6 runs on 8 hits with 2 home runs. He did manage to strike out 5 and walk only 1.
- Matt Williams and David Medina had a single and a walk.
- Stephen Piscotty was 1-3 with two walks.
- Luis Mateo was 2-4 with a triple.
- Roberto de la Cruz was 2-4 with a double.
- Willy Paulino could only make it through 1.2 IP, walking 4 and giving up 4 runs.
- Robert Stock picked up 3.1 innings, walking 3 and striking out 4. He gave up a run.
- Breyvic Valera was 2-5 with a double.
- While his brother struggles in the major leagues, the younger Jesus Montero has been quite successful so far, hitting .320/.393/.476. He was 1-3 with two walks.
- Jordan Walton was 3-4 with a double.
- David Washington and Kolby Byrd were 2-3 with a double and walk.
- Stephen Ramos was 2-4.
- Joe Cuda went 4.0 IP, giving up 7 hits and 3 runs, striking out 3 and walking none.
Johnson City was postponed (again).