Posted on August 3rd, 2012 by azruavatar in Daily Farm Reports
Memphis 3, Sacramento 4
- Adron Chambers was 1-for-3 with a pair of walks. After a slow start to the season, Chambers has his OPS just over .800 and his OBP near .400. I still think there’s a very specific opportunity and role for Chambers on a major league club with his speed and ability to play an acceptable centerfield. Whether he’ll find an organization that will want to devote a roster spot to his somewhat narrow skillset is the question.
- Shane Robinson was 2-for-4.
- Eugenio Velez was 3-for-4. Velez also had 3 stolen bases in the game.
- John Gast had a mixed outing allowing 3 walks over 6 innings. He was tagged for 2 runs on 5 hits while striking out 5.
Springfield 5, Arkansas 0
- Kolten Wong was 3-for-5 with a double. In case you missed the last month, Wong’s production went of a cliff with a sub .600 OPS in July. It’s worth keeping an eye on him and wait to see if there isn’t noise about an injury at some point.
- Greg Garcia was 3-for-4 with a pair of doubles.
- Adam Melker was 2-for-4.
- Travis Tartamella was 3-for-4 with a pair of doubles.
- Richard Castillo struck out 3 in 7 innings. He walked 2 and allowed 5 hits.
- Justin Wright struck out 2 and allowed 2 hits while pitching the last two innings of the game.
Palm Beach 3, Dunedin 7
- Starlin Rodriguez was 2-for-4.
- James Ramsey was 1-for-3 with a walk.
- Luis de la Cruz was 2-for-2.
- Palm Beach managed 9 hits but they were all singles. They had just 2 walks.
- Tyler Rahmatulla continues to scuffle badly in Palm Beach with a batting average well under .200 and a .480 OPS. He also had 2 errors in the game.
- Todd McInnis struck out 6 in his 6 inning start. He walked 1 and allowed 5 hits on the way to 2 unearned runs.
Quad Cities 6, Peoria 4
- Nick Longmire walked twice in 5 trips to the plate.
- Anthony Garcia, Jeremy Patton and Anthony Melchondia went 2-for-4. Melchondia hit a double while Garcia hit his 14th home run of the season.
- Bradley Watson struck out 5 in 6 innings. He allowed 5 hits and 2 ER.
- Heath Wyatt struck out 2 and allowed 1 hit in 1 inning.
Batavia 2, Tri-City 6
- Patrick Wisdom (3B) was 3-for-4. All 3 hits were doubles.
- Gary Apelian (LF) was 2-for-4.
- Danny Stienstra (DH) was 2-for-4.
- Tyler Melling was hit hard for 9 hits in 5 innings. Tri-City racked up 4 runs against Melling while striking out 4 times.
- Kevin Jacob pitched a perfect 8th.
Johnson City 7, Bluefield 5
- Ildemaro Vargas (2B) went 2-for-3 with his second home run of the season and a walk.
- Adam Erhlich (C) was 2-for-4.
- Bruce Caldwell (DH) was 2-for-4 with a double.
- Silfredo Garcia allowed 4 runs in 6.1 innings on 7 hits. He walked 1 and struck out 4. Between The Gulf Coast League and Johnson City, Garcia has struck out 53 this year in 47.1 innings pitched. He also recorded 10 of 14 outs on balls in play via the ground ball.
- Ronald Shaban picked up his 10th save with 1.2 innings of work striking out 2 and allowing 1 hit.