Springfield’s offense was stymied again by Tulsa’s Josh Outman. Yes, the same pitcher who came within one strike of a no-hitter (before Oscar Taveras spoiled his bid) last week. The series is now tied 1-and-1 but Springfield will have home-field advantage in the final 3 games (should the series last that long). Details after the jump…
Springfield 0, Tulsa 3 (Texas League’s North Division Series – Game 2)
- Xavier Scruggs hit a double.
- Jermaine Curtis was 2-for-4.
- Oscar Taveras reached base 3 times with a single and 2 walks.
- Kolten Wong went hitless in 4 at-bats.
- Seth Maness induced 10 groundouts against 2 flyouts but didn’t strike many batters out and took the loss: 6 IP, 3 R, 6 H (1 HR), 1 BB, & 2 K.
- Michael Blazek struck out 2 in 2 hitless innings.