Boone Whiting leads the way with a terrific performance as Springfield advances in the Texas League playoffs, moving on to play Frisco for the pennant. Results after the jump.
- Boone Whiting allowed only three baserunners all day cruising through 7.0 innings with just 73 pitches, striking out 4 and walking 2.
- Chris Swauger was definitely the MVP of this game, however, hitting 2 doubles, scoring 2 runs, and making a diving play which robbed Troy Tulowitzki (Tulsa used him as a ringer in this series, for shame) of extra bases. He paid the price for that play, however, as he broke his collar on the dive, rendering him out for the rest of the season.
- Kolten Wong was 1-4.
- Oscar Taveras was also 1-4.
- Jamie Romak hit a double.
- Greg Garcia was 1-3.
- Eric Fornataro struck out a pair and got the third out on a nice comebacker in a scoreless 8th.
- Keith Butler struck out a batter and allowed one hit to get the save.