The Springfield Cardinals fell to the Frisco Rough Riders by the score of 5-1. The only run coming on an Oscar Taveras hit to drive in Kolten Wong. Springfield still leads the Rough Riders 2-1 in the series. Tonight they’ll send Scott Gorgen to the mound to try and win the championship.
- Kolten Wong and Oscar Taveras both recorded a hit — the only hits in the game for Springfield.
- Springfield was stifled by Barret Loux, one of the Texas League’s top pitchers and a Ranger’s prospect. If you remember, Loux’s arrival in Texas was a rather circuitous one, which originated with the Arizona Diamondbacks drafting him only to fail his physical.
- On the night, the Cardinals struck out 13 times and walked 3. Only Oscar Taveras reached base twice with a walk and a double in four plate appearances.
- Kevin Siegrist was roughed up a bit for 8 hits in 5.2 innings. He allowed 4 runs (3 earned) and walked 1 while striking out 6.
- Justin Wright allowed 2 hits and 1 run in 1.1 innings. He struck out 2.
- Keith Butler, who seems to be wasted on a night when the Cardinals are down by 4, pitched a scoreless inning striking out 2.