Posted on November 13th, 2009 by azruavatar in Arizona Fall League
Surprise 8, Peo Javelinas 6
Surprise: 11-15, last
- Daniel Descalso was 1-for-3.
- Gary Daley recorded 7 outs and managed to escape trouble despite allowing 3 hits and a walk. He struck out 1.
1 Comment »
Posted on November 10th, 2009 by azruavatar in Arizona Fall League
Surprise 2, Peo Saguaros 5
Surprise: 10-13, 3rd (last)
- Daniel Descalso was 0-for-4 with 2 strikeouts.
- Daryl Jones was 0-for-4 with a strikeout.
- Bryan Anderson was 1-for-3.
- Gary Daley struck out 2 in a perfect inning.
2 Comments »
Posted on November 7th, 2009 by azruavatar in Arizona Fall League
Surprise 1, Mesa 11
Surprise: 10-12, 2nd-tied
- Tyler Henley was 2-for-4.
- Scott Gorgen struck out 1 but allowed 3 hits and a run in his inning of work.
- Adam Reifer walked 1 in a scoreless frame.
AFL East 7, AFL West 8 (The Surprise were part of the West conference)
- Daryl Jones was 1-for-2 with a double.
3 Comments »
Posted on November 6th, 2009 by azruavatar in Arizona Fall League
Surprise 7, Scottsdale 8
Surprise: 10-11, 2nd-tied
- Daniel Descalso was 1-for-5.
- Daryl Jones was 1-for-4 with a double.
St. Louis Cardinals Winter League Players
- Jon Jay continues to scuffle with a .708 OPS in the Venezualan League. Strength of competition and run environment gets talked about a lot but I would imagine that it’s difficult to play in a league when a majority of your teammates are non-English speaking.
- Mark Hamilton has a .568 OPS in the Dominican League.
- Richard Castillo has a 4.71 ERA in 27 innings. More troubling is the 11 strikeouts against 7 walks.
- Evan MacLane has 19 strikeouts and 4 walks in 23 innings. The lefty is running a 1.96 ERA in the Dominican League.
2 Comments »
Posted on November 5th, 2009 by azruavatar in Arizona Fall League
Surprise 10, Scottsdale 5
Surprise: 10-10, 2nd-tied
- Tyler Henley had a big day: 3-for-4 with a double and a HR.
- Bryan Anderson was 2-for-4.
- Mike Parisi pitched 4 innings allowing 7 hits, 2 walks and 2 strikeouts on the way to 3 runs.
- Adam Reifer allowed 2 hits and 2 Ks in a scoreless frame.
8 Comments »
Posted on November 4th, 2009 by azruavatar in Arizona Fall League
Surprise 6, Phoenix 5
Surprise: 9-10, 2nd-tied
- Daniel Descalso was 0-for-4 with a walk.
- Daryl Jones was 1-for-5 with 3 strikeouts.
- Gary Daley picked a good day to step it up. With Luhnow in attendance, he retired 5 batters (2 by strikeout) allowing just 1 hit.
Derrick Goold has the low down on some let-gos. These are all good signs for the team. Matt Scherer’s addition to the 40-man roster was a mistake from the start leaving Luis Perdomo exposed. We saw plenty of Joe Thurston last year and, apparently, the team did too. The Cardinals have better upside plays (particularly in the pen) rather than stick with high floor low ceiling guys like this pair. The release of Brad Thompson strikes me as the most surprising but again, a good sign that the team realizes his function as “long reliever” wasn’t worth more than league minimum. I can’t see a lot to dislike in these moves.
6 Comments »
Posted on November 1st, 2009 by azruavatar in Arizona Fall League
Surprise 5, Peo Javelinas 12
Surprise: 8-9, 2nd-tied
- Daniel Descalso was 1-for-2 with a double and a walk.
- Daryl Jones, making an appearance in RF, was 0-for-4.
- Tyler Henley was 0-for-2 with a walk.
- Adam Reifer pitched a scoreless inning.
No Comments »